- Gist: In Cold War early-1960’s Baltimore, a mean G-Man wants to squeeze militarily useful things from an Aquaman, but a mute cleaning woman forms a bond with the creature.
- Story/Script: Beautiful, flowing realist-fairy tale love story
- Production Design: Impeccable
- Acting: Leads and supports are spot-on.
- Music and Sound: Alternates crisp and ethereal, plus cool music.
- Audience: Like Pan’s Labyrinth, it’s a fairy tale that’s not safe for all children. Rated R!
Conclusion: There’s a good reason it’s up for THIRTEEN Oscars! Don’t miss this one.