- Gist: Biopic mockumentary of Tonya Harding from her rise in skating through the knee-bash and its aftermath.
- Based on “wildly contradictory” recent interviews with Tonya Harding, her ex Jeff Gillooly, her vile mother LaVona, and an idiot named Shawn. During credits are clips of the taped interviews to prove the movie does NOT exaggerate.
- Comedy, tragedy, poverty, more comedy, stupidity, hope, comedy, triumph, tragedy, comedy, idiocy, tragedy, hope.
- Soundtrack is excellent.
- Great Acting by Allison Janney and Margot Robbie. Aussie Robbie didn’t know this really happened, and was surprised to learn the script’s oddball creativity was just the facts.
- News isn’t truth; it’s sellable sensation. Who cares if a semi-literate 23-year old abused girl’s life is ruined?
- Ever been the dumb redneck in a place they don’t want you? Felt you were born too ugly ever to be accepted? Ever made someone else feel like that?
- Tonya Harding’s life wasn’t wholly ruined. Nancy Kerrigan is fine, too.
Conclusion: You’ll enjoy this movie if you can handle scenes of domestic abuse, dumb-asses, and bad language.