Two-player upgrade to Rook/Hearts etc
Cover image credit: Daily Worker Placement
- Concept: Battle it out in a trick-taking game with twists to the mechanic that make it interesting for two players (only). Special cards in each of the 3 suits give another tactical dimension to play, changing the rules for what’s trump or how to catch tricks.
- Theme: A fairy tale undergirds the game’s setting and style. Play your opponent until you reach the point threshold in 3 rounds.
- Artstyle: Lovely illustrations make this a beautiful small-box game.
- Replayability: If you enjoy trick-taking games, this one will fit your game collection nicely. A good filler game.
- Accessibility: Anyone who’s played Rook, Hearts, or Spades will know how to play this game, but the tactical differences make it interesting.
- Bottom line: The Fox in the Forest is a nice two-person filler to add to the collection
Buy The Fox in the Forest at your Friendly Local Game Store, or online at Amazon
Read more: Gameplay review by Daily Worker Placement