- Gist: In the SE Asia in which martial arts is more effective than automatic weapons and gangs of villains politely attack one by one, one of the Triad’s top 6 super-enforcers suddenly repents and seeks redemption by trying to save a young girl, drawing in his old gang to help and shloshing a LOT of blood.
- Times I lost track of the plot: 4
- Times it mattered: 0
- Elephants who would have died from the wounds survived by the hero: 2
- Expendable young men expended: 80+
- Languages: 4–Indonesian, Chinese, English, and French, so cool for linguistics nerds who also like bloody violence.
- Improbable physics moments: 14
- Illogical but dramatic decisions: 8
- Cute children doubtless emotionally scarred for life: 1
Conclusion: If you enjoy campy martial arts movies and aren’t bothered by graphic violence, sure, try it. You’ll know in the first ten minutes whether it’s your thing.
Watch on Netflix